My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Backwards night

Tonight John and I are going on a much needed date! We are going all by ourselves without the baby or the big kids. Our long time babysitter, Heather, is going to come over. She has been babysitting for us since Emily was a baby! I was trying to get the kids to clean up their room which actually was not that bad and I told them they wanted it to look nice for Miss Heather, etc, etc. Well my imaginative daughter Emily got turned on....she is one of those that is not the most likely to pitch in just to help but once you get her excited or motivated, she can clean up as I would and it will be perfect. She came in my room and said that they had decided to redecorate! I said o.k. but wasn't expecting it to work out. In about 30 minutes they came running in (very excited) and said they were ready for me to come look. I went in their room and was absolutely amazed. It looked like I had cleaned it....beds were made, trashed was picked up, floor was vacuumed, all toys were put away where they belonged, and it was just perfect! They had "redecorated" by moving the doll house to this wall and the tool bench to the other wall etc. I did silly things to make them laugh like pretended to pass out and hyperventilate when I walked in. I can be a cool mom sometimes....on a whim I said "I am so proud of you guys that we are going to have backwards night!" "Backwards night, what is that?" So I told them to go brush their teeth....after that I put them in a bubble bath and lit candles in the bathroom and turned the lights off..after that they ate ice cream with chocolate syrup on it...and finally about 1 hour after that they ate their dinner (ravioli with meat sauce). They were so excited and the expressions on their face showed pure joy! And yes, they will have to brush their teeth again!

No comments:

Post a Comment