My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, July 12, 2009

losing weight and exercise

We just got back from the track, second night in a row. We have taken the whole family both nights. The big kids run around (actually they do quite a few laps) and I push Molly in the stroller. I really do not like to exercise...I mean I have my moments where I think it is fun but it isn't a great thing to me. I was always skinny until I hit college. Slowly I have gained way too much weight....but my pregnancies always help me take some off (not the greatest way to lose 20 lbs but oh well). Right now I am about 20 lbs lighter than I was before I got pregnant about one year ago. I lost 20 lbs during my first trimester, gained about 24 lbs back during the rest of the pregnancy and now I have lost those 20lbs again having the baby and nursing. I decided that if I let myself gain that weight back well then I would be such a loser!!!! I have the chance now to get down to my ideal weight. I joined weight watchers online this week. I am not a big "jump on the latest band wagon for weight loss" type of girl. I agree with my husband that it is not the program, it is eating healthy and activity and just a way of life but i have done weight watchers before and if anything..it helps guide you in making healthier decisions and i also feel like I can still eat some of what I regularly eat and make my own choices. John and I have also committed to making exercise a priority. John is a much happier person when he is exercising..I see this in many aspects of his life...he loves to ride his bike and runs because it gets him in shape. So we have talked about it and decided that at least every other day we each get to exercise. I have tried taking all three kids by myself and it is just a pain...I mean I don't even like to exercise and then putting three kids in the mix..well I will just give up! The track is cool though because they don't have to be right on top of me and can run and do their own thing. John is trying to do some training for a 1/2 marathon and a triathlon. I would like to just be able to run a 5K and then eventually a 10K but my main goal would be to look better in clothes and be a nice size 8. So I am posting about all this not because I like to talk about it because I don't but it holds myself accountable in some small way. I hate it when people complain and talk about their weight etc....so I usually don't like to talk about it....I feel like I just need to do something about it and for me it is a very personal thing...I just have to make up my mind to do it. I always feel better when I start working on it but I just can't be pushed. So like I said the past two nights we have gone up to Chiles track at 8 pm. Molly loves the vibration that the track makes her stroller do. She has just chewed on her fingers and propped her foot up and been as happy as can be. John runs. I walk and run and the big kids walk/run/play/push Molly some etc. Emily is our little runner. She ran like 3 full laps around that track. Maybe she will like to run and maybe we can instill the liking of exercise in her at an early age. It has been a good thing...and hopefully will start to be a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment