My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Big Second Grader!




I can hardly believe that Emily is in second grade. I remember my own second grade...I had Ms. McCarter. She was really strict! She also happens to be my Godmother. Anyhow, Emily met her teacher last Friday. She has Mrs. Smith. She is a little sad that two of her best friends are in the other class but she has one best friend still in her class and Ben Bearden, whom she has known since birth is also in her class. Emily is so excited. The second grade is in the "Big Kid" building and she has number 9 hook for her book bag. She had to have a satchel this year and it is really cute. I made her lunch last night and we prayed about school. This morning we started a new little routine. I wake her up at 6:45 and we have a quiet time with God together. We sat out on our back porch this morning. She writes in a journal as well. She is using a quiet time devotional book that uses scripture and application. It only takes about 10 minutes and then I told her to write down one thing that she learned or observed from what she read. I stressed the importance of her journal writing and that it is special. I cooked eggs, bacon, and toast this morning. We all ate together. It was a little hairy this morning because John had a staff meeting so I had to do everything by myself and have everyone ready to be out the door by 8. We made it though! It was a success! John Daniel, Molly, and I walked her in to her class. All the teachers were all bright eyed and welcoming. The art teacher and librarian were out in front of the school along with the headmaster welcoming everyone in and helping kids get out of their cars. Another reason why I love CCS...even the "top dog" is involved in the dirty work! Her desk was all ready for her. Ben Bearden said "Emily!" She gave her friend, Marissa, a hug. She even gave me a kiss on the lips! I guess she's still not too big for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment