My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sisters
















One of my favorite traits in my big girl Emily is the love she has for her siblings and her need to take care of them! Emily's greatest quality is that she cares for other people, she is compassionate, and treats everyone nicely! She prayed tonight for a little girl in her class this year (we won't speak of the name) that she said is bossy and not nice to everyone. She will always get John Daniel a snack or even make him breakfast if she is getting something for herself. Her best breakfast is cheese toast! She loves her little sister so much. She really is a second mommy. I don't or at least I try not to constantly ask for her to help with Molly. It is necessary sometimes but I don't want to over do it. But Emily loves to hold her, carry her around, play with her, bathe her, and get her to smile. She will even change a diaper without me asking. I had this idea last week when I was going through a box of CD's. I found all of Emily and John Daniel's music CDs from when I had them in a baby music class called Kindermusik at Stubbs music. I asked Emily if she would want to be Molly's music teacher....she said with excitement "oh yes!" I helped her remember the music classes that she and John Daniel took when they were babies and how the teacher played instruments with them, read books, played with scarves, used rhymes to help them talk, played music for them etc. All of this Emily loves to do and I knew she would be great at teaching Molly. We got a big box of instruments from Nee Naw's house (Nee Naw has everything) and found some scarves, the baby CDs, and some baby books and set up a "studio" for Emily and Molly in Molly's room. Emily decided that every Saturday she would do a 20 minute music class with Molly. She sits her in the bumbo seat and they do all of the above. It is great for me, lovely for Molly, and Emily loves it! I've decided that Emily will teach Molly all of her extra curricular activities and then I don't have to pay anyone else to do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment