My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Cleaning Machine

I want to start this post off with saying that I am NOT exaggerating at all! John Daniel is my cleaning machine! He has done all the laundry in the house for over a week now and actually is driving me crazy because he is so on top of it that I can't keep up with the folding! This morning, not too soon after breakfast, he yells to me...."Mommy, I'm going to do a load of whites now!" Are you serious????!!!! He is very interested in how anything works...he loves to know about why things do what they do, what happens when you do them, why they work that way. If he was strong enough, I know he could mow the grass! He loves to work! He can clean the bathroom ( I do have to go behind him some), he can unload and load and start the dishwasher, he can do any load of laundry, he can sweep, mop, put his clothes away, he can vacuum, he can wash the dog. He even knows what can and cannot go into the dryer. It is all because he asks questions, I tell him the answer, show him how to do something, and he remembers. Even with cleaning the bathroom...if I say "we really need to mop in the corner over by the toilet", he remembers that for next time I have noticed. He has learned to be thorough. It really is amazing. The laundry thing flips me out. Today when he told me he was going to do a load of whites, he was concerned that there was not a full load, so I showed him on the machine where you put the knob in the middle to make less water. Well that has now stuck with him and now he discusses with me if the load is a "full load" or not. He is hilarious. I asked him today why he liked to clean so much, he said because he liked to make money and was saving it to buy the bat cave at Target (a toy that costs $40). I do give him money for all this but it ain't much. I am beginning to think he is worth a lot more than I pay him! He is amazing....a little bizarre...but amazing...his memory is incredible! But, he doesn't like cleaning his room...go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment