My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Thorntons




























































































John had to work, I had to be oncall, John's family was in Miami.....but we had a great Thanksgiving with the Thorntons. My Dad's side of the family is big, very close, and fun to be around. Let me see, there were 25 of us I believe at my Grandparents house. John stayed awake after getting off at 7 am on Thanksgiving Day to grill the turkey. We all cooked and met at my Grandparents house around 1 pm and ate a delightful meal! For the first time in a long time all 6 of my grandparents' great grandchildren were there. It was fun having little ones all around again. I had to go oncall at 3 pm but luckily my brother got my computer working at my parents' house (right down the street from my grandparents' house) so that I could be oncall but still participate. John went home after the annual marshmallow fight to sleep until he had to go back to work at 7 pm. Me and the kids stayed with the whole bunch until that night. Our thanksgiving was again, very "Thorntonish" in style....my cousin calls it "folksy"....an urban hayride, a game of kick the can, and a marshmallow fight. My 87 year old grandparents are awesome in that they partake in every part of the Day from riding in the back of my Dad's trailer, to throwing marshmallows (my grandfather actually started this years ago) to chasing the kids around the yard.

3 comments:

  1. Ah! That photo of Granddad high-fiving Shirley is superb! Sweet ol' Granddad! Thanks for posting all of those. And cheers to the best Thanksgiving ever! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I actually think he was blocking her from throwing a marshmallow. John thought he was about to hit her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful Kathryn!! We all love the pictures! You are a real talent in photography!

    ReplyDelete