My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The truth be told...

So it is out, I am homeschooling and now everyone at church, work, friends of ours, friends of the kids, John's work, etc know we are homeschooling...how can I keep it a secret..school is the buzz right now.  When we decided to home school I got my firing squad ready, put on my big girl panties and was armed and ready to defend my stance and our new "weirdness"...but guess what....the reaction was much different than I thought!

Instead of "oh really, what about socialization?" or "why would you want to do that to your kids?"...I've instead gotten..."Oh, how cool, I wish I had the patience to do that," "oh my goodness, how can you do all you do," or (this one is my favorite)..."you're perfect to do that!" 

So I will vent now...all of the above is very flattering but I have to say that it is so untrue!  I just want to be different and do what God wants me to do with my family...all that other is crap and I believe that God is going to use this to change me more than I will ever know and understand.  I hate people thinking I am something I am not.  I am NOT perfect.  I yell at my kids, I am soooo impatient, I have OCD tendencies, I let the little things get me out of sorts, I yell at John, and the list goes on!  I actually had someone in the supermarket two days ago tell me in a loving/joking manner, "we are all going to start a support group for those of us that aren't as together as you, Kathryn!"  Oh please!  I'm barely hanging on most of the time....by the time 2 pm nap comes, if I don't get some peace and quiet, I will snap...

All this super woman talk makes me nauseous and all I'm trying to do is regroup and do something out of faith to better our family because I just couldn't keep up last year with the pace that "the normal" people keep. I'm scared to death.  I have doubts everyday!  I worry about it all!  We want to travel, play piano, learn to sew, etc and most importantly teach our kids that the Bible is God's word and we are to love people...and I just couldn't get it all in..I got tired of being in a hurry all the time...and my previous posts about all the organizing and tools to keep us on track...well it will not last or work everyday...it just helps me keep my insanity!

I started seeing that we could do this at home and set our own schedule and our own priorities....our time could be our own time...that is all...NO SUPERWOMAN HERE!  I just want to make our home a peaceful, atmosphere of learning where everyone here can be safe and happy! That's all folks! 

1 comment:

  1. I am truly enjoying reading your homeschooling posts! And glad to be sharing this journey with you ;)

    ReplyDelete