My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, October 8, 2011

7 already!

7 seems almost impossible...how can my little man be that big?  I adore my son!  He is really just so cool!  He is all boy, can't wait to walk outside in the morning, play in the dirt, make truck noises, play Lego's, chase bugs, and shoot squirrels but he is also very responsible, dependable, protective, polite, mannerly, mature, innocent, and sweet.  He knows when to settle down, he is wise beyond his age.  People like to be around him.  He really is that laid back middle child that almost never gets in trouble....he can be stubborn but that may be close to his only flaw :)  When John's not around, he takes over.  He is very protective over me.  Recently, while the kids were camping with my parents, he was worried about me driving home by myself.  He tries to hide his emotions but he is also very tender.  He is such a loving big brother and adores his big sister.  He wants to please and has such a servant's heart.  He is a very hard worker.  Today, on his birthday, we had 3 friends over and he volunteered to push everyone in my parents' big swing....one of the friends said, "John Daniel always volunteers to do the hard stuff"....which is so true!  He will make an amazing husband.  He never takes the easy way out.  He is task oriented.  He is methodical in how he gets things done.  We had 6 of his friends over last weekend to go to the Fun Station and as we were leaving and all the boys were running around and excited to be going to the Fun Station, John Daniel stops as we are walking out of the house and says, "Wait, let me see if all the lights are off!"  He will do things to help me without being asked.  He is just easy.  He loves school and because he is so task oriented, he gets his work, does it immediately and pushes until it is totally complete.  I really run out of things for him to do.  I love every bit of his cute little face!  I hope he never changes and I hope with all my heart that this world doesn't break his spirit....he is a true joy (with tears in my eyes!).....

No comments:

Post a Comment