My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, October 9, 2011

We are THOSE parents!

After keeping our friends' kids all weekend, they offered to take us to dinner tonight when they came to pick them up...so we all went to Rummy's to eat pizza and chill.  Rummy's has video games in a corner of the restaurant..they have pac man, shooting games, a race car game and the ever so famous huge mechanical GRAB hand game that always fools the player into giving it more and more money.  We sat right beside the games and all 6 kids were up pretending to play the games even though we didn't have any quarters...what can I say...it kept them busy and let the adults talk a few minutes.  Well, next thing I know the college age waiter comes over (we were like 6 steps from the games sitting at a table) and says, "I don't know who's kid this is but she is trying to climb in this game!"  I jump up because, of course, it is Molly and he was totally right....little 22 lb Molly had climbed into the hole that the big grabber hand deposits the winning object into and you couldn't see anything but her little legs....her head was totally in the game, up in the hole....it was the craziest thing I have ever seen...I had to make her bend her legs and pull them out before I could get her body and then head out....I was partially laughing and partially embarrassed...John walked over and then just stopped and walked away shaking his head...he said, "Kathryn, if we had had to call the Fire Department to get her out, I would have just had to walk out of embarrassment!"  He had his uniform on and it would have just looked so bad :)  We all started laughing so hard we were crying and of course the entire wait staff thought it was hilarious!  We ARE those parents.....that have no control over their child...I guess she thought that since we wouldn't give her any money to play, she would just climb up the hole and get her a stuffed animal!  I needed that laugh tonight though..even if it was embarrassing!  If I had thought about it, I should have grabbed a camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment