My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Play

Some of my favorite times the past couple of weeks have been watching the kids just play...no incentive, no threatening, no timer set, no begging...they just play because they love to play....they have an entire house set up in the backyard in their fort and have used and old baby gate as the downstairs.  They have dishes, and a car port, and a table, and a shower area....it looks a mess but they have so much fun make believing and as long as it eventually gets cleaned up, they can have fun and make believe all they want....I make them pick up trash and such but for the most part their set up has been "set up" for about two weeks.  It doesn't look like a Beverly Hills backyard but they love it and I'm o.k. with that! 

John and I heard a commercial on TV about a week ago that was related to an "initiative" by some community group to "get your kids to play outside for 30 minutes a day!"  John was surprised that an "initiative" had been launched for this purpose.....well our kids need no such initiative....they love it and would stay outside all day if I let them...especially in this beautiful weather.

Get Molly a baby doll and a stroller and some play food and she will play for hours......this was her set up a couple of days ago.....She had everyone fed and sitting up in their carrier or chair, carrying on a conversation...she cracks me up sometimes!  Sometimes I find her having the most serious conversations with her dolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment