My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Emily's Toddler Bible Class

Emily is constantly coming up with new ideas, things to do, projects, furniture rearranging ideas, make believe games...and sometimes (to be honest) I find myself getting frustrated because it is always a "to do"...you know..more work or something I know I am going to have to clean up.  I say no a lot, maybe too much but last week she came up with another new idea.  She created a "Bible Curriculum" for toddlers. She used stuff we had, created the curriculum, used scripture, made up songs, did the crafts with Molly, and entertained Molly with this for a whole hour one day.  Then she came to me and asked if I would call Molly's friend Reagan's mom and see if Reagan could come to Toddler Bible School at our house.  Before I said no, I thought about it....and thought about it and asked John about it....

If my 9 year old daughter wants to use her free time to create a Bible Curriculum for her little sister and her sister's friend, spend time taking care of them, entertaining them, and teaching them....why not?  I told her it was a privelege.  I wouldn't normally invite someone else's child over in the middle of our school day to have my daughter teach them...especially since she is only 2!  Emily's school had to be done and we had to have good attitudes this week.  I told her she had to clean it up and be "in charge"....meaning she had to watch them.  Ms. Courtney agreed and today was the 1st day of Toddler Bible Class at our house.  Reagan was here for about 1 1/2 hours.  Emily did prayer time, songs, used their notebooks, crafts, snack, and a nature walk on a rope.  They got to feed the chickens some corn.  She made them each an entire notebook with Bible stories in it and sent home homework assignments...(precious) She watched them the whole time.  I told her how proud I was of her idea, the follow-up, and completion of her task and job.  I will be honest, it takes me longer to "see" Emily's gifts...they aren't as notieceable I guess as J.D.'s.  But her imagination,creativity, and gift of teching is special...I'm glad I said "Yes" on this one.  It was super cute and very sweet...and it truly entertained them the whole time.  This is why I home school....to foster ideas, creativity, sibling play, maturity, goal setting like this!















No comments:

Post a Comment