My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Generational Gift





























I have said many times in my blog, how blessed we are to have grandparents still living and for my children to know, love, and experience their great grandparents is awesome! Today was one of those days! My grandparents came up with a great idea about 5 years ago...they decided that because it was hard to shop for John, our kids, and me that they would buy us our Christmas Tree each year! They don't need to do anything at all in my opinion but it is very important to them to stay involved in all of our lives and they know this is a wonderful gift! They don't just take us to Wal-Mart or even Lowes. They take us to Tallahassee Nurseries to pick out a tree every year! The kids get so excited and love this tradition. We all walk around the big beautiful trees lined up in rows, smelling so sweet and pick out our favorite 6 footer! The trees at Tallahassee Nurseries are beautiful. The guys will take them off the rope and spin them around for you (they are not bound up in netting like most places) to make sure that its the perfect one. I love the big fat trees! We all put our 2 cents in and always come away with a beautiful tree but more importantly a beautiful memory! Today was Molly's first time "picking out a tree" with us. Tallahassee Nurseries is always decked out perfectly for the holidays with big beautiful Poinsettias all around, trails lined in garland, hot cider to enjoy, fish in the pond to look at, big beautiful wreaths done up with ribbon hanging on every post and today, two guys playing Christmas Carols on the trombone. It was great! A wonderful Sunday to celebrate the second Sunday in Advent (my hubby taught our adult S.S. class today about the 2nd theme in Advent...JOY) and making great memories .....generation to generation to generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment