My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, December 4, 2009

The Nutcracker

Emily has been taking ballet now for 4 going on 5 years..wow time has flown. Each year her ballet company gets a block of tickets for the yearly performance of the Nutcracker by the Tallahassee Ballet. They do a shortened school performance that is about an hour long and a little cheaper. We have gone every year except one I think. Today, Emily and I went together to see the Nutcracker again. It is splendid. I can't say that I am into all that artsy show kind of stuff but I love it! The dresses, the music, and the lights just have a way of getting you in the spirit. Emily watched every minute of it so intently. I think it is worth taking her out of school to go see it! She wants to try out for it next year. I think I am correct in saying that the Tallahassee Ballet allows girls over seven who have had three years of ballet try out for some of the smaller roles. She said she wanted to either be an angel or a candy dancer during the kingdom of the sweets part. I said, "well ,what if they want you to be a mouse?" She said, "I don't want to be a mouse!" So this summer we will check it out and see what the auditions are like. I know the rehearsals will take up time and that is something we will have to discuss but I actually think Emily is pretty good at ballet and she seems to love it so we will see! It was a fun Mommy/Daughter outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment