My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Molly Update
















Because Molly is the one in our family that changes the most from week to week to month to month...I like to give Molly updates. We have not been to the doctor lately..she will go at the end of this month but she is growing like a weed. She is chubby and very well developed! She is now speed crawling, especially when she thinks she can get into something that she should not or go somewhere new..like the garage :) She pulls up on EVERYTHING..the ironing board, her siblings, the dog, the tables, the chairs, the lamp, and so on and so on. She is really interested in Lena the dog. Yes, she has grabbed her ears, pinched her skin, and even sucked on the nyla bone....YUCK! She tries to catch lena but lena is just too fast. But lena does bring her toys to Molly so that Molly can throw them for her and of course Molly does not throw them..she tries to eat them! Molly thinks her siblings are the best...laughs at them, giggles at them, gives them the biggest smiles, wants to be with them...it's very cute! I love having the older kids along with the little one...so much fun to see the contrast and the connections they have. The other day, she pulled herself up on the ironing board (yes, I iron!) and was cruising (walking holding on) across the length of the board. My goodness, I am not ready for that! I put her in her pen (cage) during the day at times just to get some downtime! She takes two really good naps. Sleeps sporadically through the night (my fault!) and eats like a champ. She is still nursing about 5-6 times a day and eats three solid meals. So far she eats banana, pear, avocado, apples, squash, peas, green beans, sweet potato, some bits of bread, rice cereal, oatmeal, and today we added some plain yogurt. I have made everything so far and I have to say it has been so much fun! I feel very accomplished in having made my child's food. The one thing I have noticed is that I am moving MUCH slower at introducing new foods to her because when I make a batch of food, I like to make sure I use it up so I end up moving slower. This week, after we are sure that she has done o.k. with the yogurt, I have bought a papaya to try with her. Maybe we will all try some. I use this great website mostly to see how to prepare things and what to try next. Molly STILL does NOT have a tooth in her head so really she could ultimately be eating some protein and soft cheeses but she doesn't have anything to chew it with so we just keep doing mush! We laugh at her because she gets in these squatting positions when she is holding on to something. She goes up and down...she is amazing at her squatting exercises...wish I was this good! She takes off her socks, hat, and bow if you leave them on her in the car. She loves footed pajamas. She likes her pacifier but isn't YET attached to it as much as my other two kids. She says Da Da Da Da...and copies noises and funny faces. She dances anytime she hears music whether she is sitting or standing. She is a very dramatic little girl in that when she is mad and crying she throws her head back and lets out a wail as if it is so horrible! She is a VERY happy baby! She is totally content to crawl and explore no matter how tired or how hungry she is...she just loves the church nursery set up where she can crawl and play all over the cushioned mats! We love our happy girl!

1 comment:

  1. Next step: walking and running! Then you guys better be on your toes!

    ReplyDelete