My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I like to be busy but I am getting a little ditsy!

My mom has always said that I am always on the go...I like to be busy. She says that I say "yes" to too much but I have to say that it really invigorates me most of the time. I like to be organized, on time, and do things right. I find it fulfilling to be involved and participate in many different activities. I don't mind taking a baby out in public, camping, or to teach a S.S. class. Anyways, being a mom you are always busy and there is always something to do. Since the kids are in private school, this calls for a little more participation I believe. The schools like you to be involved, contribute, etc. I LOVE IT! I really do but sometimes it will make your head spin. I am not complaining and I am not saying that it is right or wrong...just telling my story. Recently, it seems that we have had a lot going on. Now for the most part, I am very good at scheduling it out perfectly and making it all look easy....I make a real effort NOT to let the busyness of life and our extra-curricular activities interfere with family time or the calmness of the home. Today, I just realized I have become a little ditsy! John says I talk and act sometimes like I have had a "mommy stroke"..LOL!!! I am room mom for J.D.'s class and it was his teacher's birthday. So I planned a class project. I got a hold of Ms. Alice's "favorite things" list from the office that the teachers fill out at the beginning of the year. I sent an email to all the parents in his class and asked them to look over the list and bring a couple of items and we were going to create a favorite things basket for Ms. Alice for her birthday. Great idea right....!!!! Well in the email I signed it...Kathryn (Emily's mom)..most of them do not know who Emily is!!!! So I confused them but it all worked out. My friend, Harriet always says when she is explaining why she can't do something or why she messes up as......."I have three kids!" So I told the other parents..."I have three kids and I get confused!" They all thought it was funny! It got me thinking about how many things my brain has to remember on a daily, weekly basis....I literally write EVERYTHING down now!!! These are those little things..not even the big ones like GO TO WORK! I thought I would right down some of the things that I had to remember to do over the past two weeks.....most of them for my kids! No wonder I have MOMMY MUSH for a brain!

Take Snacks to CCS for Emily's soccer practice
Pick up computer from work
Nursery duty
Shoebox due at church
Take shoebox item to J.D.'s class for his mission project
Help Ms. Alice with Thanksgiving shirts for class
Ballerina week
Make up soccer day for J.D.
P/up cookie dough from Celebration
Emily's flu shot
Make sign up sheet for Lottie Moon Mission Project at church
Ballet, Piano, and Soccer
Early release at school
Make brownies for J.D.'s class
Make Cookies for GA's
Take food item in to Food pantry at Celebration
J.D. playdate
Gold party
Calls to make
Get together with Zapatas for football..take food
Schedule Molly's 9 month pictures
Free shipping ends on American girl website..make the order
Take cookie dough to work
Costume fee due at Ballet
Helped John write two recommendation letters for employees

And that was just the past two weeks.....I know it is all my fault and I can say no and slow down and really I think we do a good job of not saying "yes" to everything...some days it just seems like more is on the plate than other days. But in all this...we eat dinner and breakfast together everyday for the most part! Most of it is just planning and behind the scenes work on my part! Sometimes I just feel like an administrative assistant...thankfully that is my spiritual gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment