My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Momma's Birthday


It is hard to buy for my parents although they always like anything I get them.  My mom's birthday was on Sunday and the best thing I could think of doing for her was to get our little family together to visit and eat a good meal.  I love to cook and I love to have people over and I especially love to make food that reminds us all of my grandmother!  So, on Saturday night we had my parents and my brother over for a birthday meal.  I made cube steak, gravy, rice, squash casserole, a salad, and sour cream pound cake for dessert.  It was delicious and all recipes were from my grandmother!  My mom doesn't have many family members left.  The only brother she has still living out of three lives in Miami and we don't see them a lot, so I feel like the times we have to share as a family, where I can make something or do something that gives her a sense of family is special to her.  We all loved my grandmother's cooking .  It was a huge part of growing up for me.  I think my mom also really appreciates the fact that I want to carry on my grandmother's traditions and recipes.  Emily and John Daniel both helped make the cake!  I left the present giving up to my dad and brother...my dad got a really cool present for my mom.  It is called a kindle.  It is amazon's digital book.  You download books to this notepad and read the book from it.  It is really amazing!!!  The books are cheaper than buying them, you can enlarge the print, light it up, etc., and you don't have to store a physical book.  They are all kept on this digital notepad.  I am pretty sure that my brother and my friend, Ann need one of these things.....it is the coolest thing for an avid reader!  My mom brought supplies over to do a science experiment with the kids...soooo my mother!!!!  They made a volcano and watched it erupt!  Overall, it was a nice evening!  Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment