My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, January 29, 2010

Thankful on this day!

Today marks the anniversary of John being Cancer FREE for 11 years!  I have already written about his journey a time or two before, but I can't go through today without at least speaking of our thankfulness and his cure!!!  I probably "remember" it and "celebrate" it more than John wishes I did...I don't really know, he doesn't talk about it a lot and I probably remind our friends and family more than what they really care to hear about BUT I don't care and I am so thankful and will celebrate it for as long as I can!!  So instead of going through the long story again, I just wanted to write down what I am thankful for!

1.  I am thankful for a cure.
2.  I am thankful for Dr. Emhof, Dr. Sellinger, Dr. Scidmore, Dr. Bolek, and Dr. Einstein
3.  I am thankful for John's will power to get through 3 months of radiation, work full-time, and go to school full-time.
4.  I am thankful for phenergan...the drug that helped him not vomit everyday!
5.  I am thankful for early detection on John's part and Dr. Emhof's part
6.  I am thankful for my three beautiful children that we were not suppose to have or at least it was suppose to be very hard to have
7.  I am thankful for great friends and family
8.  I am thankful for 11 years of no cancer
9.  I am thankful getting to share the story with my kids!

We are celebrating tonight as a family. We put a big sign out by the door so when he came home this morning it said..."Happy 11 years of being Cancer FREE"  I am making a favorite meal and having his parents over.  It is a great anniversary!  And he asked me to marry him on this same day 11 years ago!!  Big day in our house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment