My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Now that is what I call a productive day!

Yesterday was what I call a productive day....sometimes it is the little things that make me feel like it has been productive like getting something done I have been thinking about for two days...this was our day.

I had to work..so actually I didn't even think it would be that productive but the day surprised me!

My dear husband got up with me and started a fire in the fireplace and made ham biscuits for breakfast before I left for work.

I got ready for work and made my lunch.

Off to work I went at 7:30 am!

While I was at work, John was a very productive Daddy! (and I promise and he can back me up, I left NO honey do list)

He did all the normal things like feed the kids, get them clothed, etc. He also totally rearranged and straightened Molly's room. He moved her crib on the other side of the room because she has now learned how to open her door if she puts her hand through the crib slats. She would open it and yell at us...he fixed that problem. He picked up misc. stuff that was sitting around the room and vacuumed it!

He cut the cantaloupe that had been sitting on the counter for days...I had been meaning to do it myself and kept forgetting..and he froze some meat for later use..that also needed to be done before it went bad...see it is the little things!

He cleaned the kitchen (all except the big pots).

While Emily watched Molly and played with J.D. (in his direct line of sight), John did his 1 and 1/2 hour P90X work out....it is this crazy hard insane work out that he started...he is on week one and he is feeling the burn!

I got off at 2 and went and got the poor man some powerade to fuel his weary body...

After getting home, I nursed Molly, put her down for a nap, and got the big kids all dressed for our 3 mile run/walk/bike. IT WAS COLD!! The kids and I are in the "3 mile club" and have gone 4 times this week ...we have a route and the kids do great riding their bikes! Molly goes with us when its not so cold! Emily and I practice math facts and spelling words while I run/walk and she rides. Multi-tasking is our game!!!

While we exercised, John swept the floor and laid down for a short nap.

We got back and I finished cleaning the dishes and started dinner.

John started getting ready for work.

The kids each did their chore of the day.

We all sat down for dinner.

I put on a load of laundry and cleaned the kitchen after dinner.

John left for work.

I blogged some and returned some emails.

I got everyone in the bath and ready for bed.

The kids watched a movie and ate a little snack.

Everyone was in bed by 9.

What a day..but I felt very productive...exercising through my "sleepy" part of the day and John getting the cantaloupe cut,diced, and put in the fridge were the highlights!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment