My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My chores

I talk a lot about chores that I give the kids so I wanted to also explain...I do chores too!  Side note...the surprise chore basket is working out great right now. 

So I have a list (once again, I am such list person) of chores to complete and when they need to be done...

I don't think I have ever followed through with this list in its entirety but I am working on it....ever heard of the fly lady...well she is a chore queen and I love reading her website.  I have tried setting a timer and I work at as many chores as possible in 30 minutes.  It really is amazing what you can get done...The flylady's biggest thing is get dressed from head to toe and clean and shine your sink at the start of your day and it will start you off on the right foot.  The sink thing is weird to me because mine keeps getting dirty all day long but making my bed is "my version" of cleaning my sink.  I feel like if I start with making my bed, all goes better. 

Here is my chore list (John don't laugh).  It is posted on my fridge.  And I want to get better in 2010. 

Monday:  Clean both bathrooms, Mop bathrooms, 2 loads of laundry

Tuesday:  Vacuum all carpet, dust mop wood floors, encourage/help kid's with room pick up, 2 loads of laundry

Wednesday:  Check fans/clean fans, Dust whole house, clean glass windows, 2 loads of laundry

Thursday:  Clean window seals/baseboards, 2 loads of laundry, vacuum couch, deep clean kitchen countertops and sink (obviously, the kitchen has to be cleaned everyday)

Friday:  Top of fridge, wipe fridge shelves down, microwave, change sheets on beds, 2 loads of laundry

Saturday:  Straighten garage, sweep back porch, front porch, Dog chores, 2 loads of laundry

Sunday:  Nothing but some meal planning for the next week and maybe some coupon clipping

Then I have a list of things that need to be done at a less frequent basis:

Organize and sort toys
clean oven
clean out closets
clean/straighten linen closet
clean under fridge
replace shower curtains
wash curtains
wash the back porch floor
declutter bookcases in our corner office
sort through scrapbook stuff

2 comments:

  1. WOW, that is impressive!! I like your list of chores. Seems like it would keep the house in good shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, may sound impressive but I haven't ever kept up with it...its my goal!

    ReplyDelete