My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years and Lots of friends

Molly is better and well we wanted to do some play dates with friends that we don't get to hang out with or see all the time. First, we called the Connells and did a switch-a-roo play date meaning that I took the boys and my friend, Ann, took the girls. It is great in that there is no fighting...and they totally entertain each other for hours. I got a lot done that day. John Daniel and Cooper had a grand time in the new tree house! Secondly, we went over to the Boulos' house and played. The Boulos go to our church. Molly and the Boulos #3 girl, Lily, are the same age. Lily has two older sisters. J.D. opted to stay with Daddy. The girls and I went over ate lunch with the Boulos. Susan and I talked couponing, making baby food, scheduling, etc while the bigger girls played. Lily and Molly are only two weeks apart and they just laughed at each other and climbed all over each other. On New Years Eve, we went to Madison to spend some time with the Brewers. We launched J.D.'s rocket 4 times on their property. The kids, John, and Mr. Jeff, ran all over the property chasing the rockets. New Year's Eve night Ms. Harriet and I cooked a big meal. We had pork roast, black eye peas, creamed corn, mustard greens, and cornbread dressing! It was delicious!!!!! We enjoyed a bonfire and then the kids had a sleepover while the grown ups enjoyed a movie! We actually all stayed awake to see the ball drop on TV just after our movie was over. On New Year's Day, we enjoyed breakfast and then Mr. Jeff and John left for Jacksonville to go to the Gator Bowl. The rest of us played in Madison until after lunch and Ms. Harriet came to Tallahassee to keep my kids for me to go to work. She had 6 kids to watch but says they were all awesome! After work, we enjoyed some pizza together before the Brewers went back home. Daddy got back soon after and told us all about the great Seminole win! We are so happy that the Seminoles won and I loved hearing about what they did for Bobby Bowden for his last game! Today, we have another switch-a-roo play date with the Vincent girls. John Daniel and Maddie are playing here, while Emily and Kaylen are at the Vincents. John's watching football and I'm still in my pajamas! We are loving this low key time with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment