My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Administrative Assistant

that is me....for John and for the entire family!  I think I took the spiritual gifts test way back when I was in college and if I remember right...my spiritual gift was administration....

This is true..I like to be organized, I like quick responses, emailing, filling out forms, my calendar, getting functions organized and planned, etc. 

John has a "new" side job that seems to be taking off...he is now teaching CPR for groups..schools, businesses, churches, etc.  He is sort of moonlighting and getting his own work by word of mouth.  He has done two homeschool groups, a boy scout group, a church, and now Visit Florida office....our deal was this....He told me he didn't mind teaching and using his free time to do this but he was not and could not be in charge of all the corresponding, emailing, scheduling, and communication.  It is so not John..he doesn't like it, takes him forever, and he really isn't organized enough (his brain just doesn't work like that).  And mine does!  I can juggle 5 different email responses, look at my calendar, get paperwork copied, reply to a text, and make a phone call all at once...not really but it is how I thrive!  So far, so good.  I think he likes his secretary!  Basically, he makes the initial contact and then tells the person that his wife handles all communication and scheduling. This includes me getting the materials for Southeastern School of Health Sciences, making arrangements at the businesses, getting a roster made up, emailing students, making sure payments are received, ordering books, getting cards printed, etc.  I created my first Invoice this week for Visit Florida!  Then John just shows up with his equipment and teaches the class...and by the way...I would never be able to stand in front of a group and teach like this...hate, hate, hate that!  I love seeing him teach...I really believe he is good at this...he has a charisma about him when he is in front of a group doing something that he is comfortable with...

I'm sure most women and moms feel like they are the administrative assistant to their families...it is a big job to just keep up with the weekly schedule and then to add shopping, meal planning and cooking, cleaning, teaching the kids, volunteering at John Daniel's school, being on the parent service team, church responsibilities, running John's side business, running errands, and all the other Mommy stuff....no wonder I have had strep throat twice in 3 weeks and my body is in need of some recovery (my mom has given me the take care of yourself lecture at least three times this week)  I feel sometimes so overwhelmed by all my responsibilities....and now primary teacher (which I love by the way)...thank you God I can multi task!  And thank God for days like I had today....we stayed at home and did nothing outside of this house...it was so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment