My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meet Dibora

I wasn't going to write about the newest extended member of our family but I decided I wanted to...This is Dibora Niquse and she lives in Ethiopia (She is in the middle in the pink dress).  John and I have been praying about countries, people, nations, and this was put in our lap and we decided that we would take it on.  Dibora is in the Compassion International program and goes to the church in Ethiopia called Kore Berhane Wongel Baptist Church that "sisters" with our church, Bradfordville Baptist Church, here in Tallahassee.  Our church is in a program under Compassion International called C2C (Church 2 church) that basically allows churches in developed countries partner with churches in non developed countries to share strengths, visions, ideas, and people.  Through Compassion International, John and I will support Dibora by giving a small amount of money on a monthly basis but the most important thing we will do is build a relationship with her through cards, letters, pictures, and emails.  I have personally witnessed what another family has encountered through this program and I find it very interesting and feel that we will be the ones that learn and grow in this situation.  One thing that has "dawned" on me in the last few months is this....Every single person on this planet means everything to God..not just a select few....and I am a blessed person to be born in the United States, have what I have, have the freedoms that I do and have a relationship with Jesus...not everyone has had it as easy as I have and since I have been saved by Grace and rescued from my sin...I have a responsibility to share Jesus with others and the things that are important to God should be important to me such as taking care of the needy, the helpless, the hungry, and the less fortunate...period...that's it.  The Great Commission is not the job of a select few...its the job of every follower of Jesus Christ...Its not a question of sharing God in our neighborhood OR spreading the Gospel in a foreign country...it's both...Now this can look different in every family and I think at some point sending money may not or is not enough....but this is what God has laid on our hearts right now.....Dibora is a Christian I believe and I cannot wait to get to know her better.  A couple from our church went to Ethiopia last year to work there in the community where our Sister Church is and took this picture of Dibora.  Dibora has been waiting 12 months for a sponsor.  She lives with her parents.  Her dad does church work.  She is 9 years old.  I would love to meet her one day and maybe do something to help her family or her village....still praying about that...but for right now we will build a relationship and I'm excited!  I cannot wait to get her first letter and have the kids write her back.  I'm sure we will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment