My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lap Booking





This is one of those homeschooling terms that I had to learn...and I'm not sure if I yet know exactly what it is but we attempted a Presidential Lap Book!  We have studied the first 16 presidents now for weeks and we know fun facts and what they were liked and disliked for.  It is so funny what Emily remembers.....she said the other day as we were doing the lap book..."Zachary Taylor is the one that ate Cherries and Milk on the Fourth of July, got sick and died 5 days later."  I love her little memory...!!!!  So a lap book is a folder that is made into some sort of visual aid for something you have been studying.  It isn't necessary, but an aid and a tool that is useful for review.  It is also nice for my little artistic student...gets us away from so much worksheeting and writing sometimes and let's her use her artistic side.  Once we finish a unit or a large portion of a book or something, we may continue to do lap books.  She also wrote a paper on Abe Lincoln and now it is being stored in a little pocket inside the lap book!

No comments:

Post a Comment