My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Thanksgiving.....

John had to work and I'm always a little bummed about it but it seems to always work out.  He does his very best to participate in all the family gatherings even if he shows up a little late or leaves a little early!  He even put together a Thanksgiving Feast for his crew to enjoy at work that night!  Wednesday was a fun, relaxing day..The kids and I went shopping with Yang.  We went to Micheal's to get the supplies to make our very first family Advent Wreath and to Borders to use a really good coupon.  We walked around the mall and came home to make dinner for everyone.  We woke up late on Thanksgiving Day and started cooking.  John slept while the rest of us prepared for dinner.  I was even a really cool mom and pulled out a great Thanksgiving craft to do while I cooked.  Then, Emily and John Daniel went to my parent's house to visit cousins while Molly got a nap and I finished cooking.  I took Yang to Starbucks to use the wireless Internet for about 3 hours.  We enjoyed a BIG Thanksgiving Feast with my side of the family that evening.  John got to come and we all really enjoyed the fellowship and food...even Yang loved the food.  She fit right in and played in the backyard, talked to my family and would retreat to the living room to study now and again.  She even joined in on the Thornton Family Tradition started by my Grandfather and my Mother MANY years ago....Marshmallow FIGHT!  She was throwing marshmallows just like the rest of us!  I had to work on Friday and my parents were such troopers....they kept all FOUR of my "kids" at their house.  My mom helped Yang wash her clothes and they hung out in the backyard and Emily and Yang did hair...I do believe John Daniel had the most fun...my Dad took him to hit golf balls at my dad's favorite "driving range" place and they found an old remote control airplane to fly all around the backyard...he was all smiles when I picked him up!  My Dad even cut off one of his old golf clubs so that John Daniel now has his own club.  Today was John's first day off and we went to Thomasville to have Thanksgiving with his family and celebrate his Dad's birthday with them.  Emily and John Daniel love their cousins so much and they played and played in Grandma Gay's big pasture all day!  The weather was beautiful!  Yang again enjoyed John's mom's cooking!  John, Yang, Molly, and I came back to Tallahassee a little bit earlier than the rest...we dropped Yang off at Starbucks...came home and put Molly down for a nap....and John and I enjoyed the second half of the FSU/UF GAME!  GO NOLES!  It was a very relaxing day!  We are excited for Yang to join us at church tomorrow and to see our Emily light the first Advent Candle in big church.  We start our family Advent study tomorrow in which I've already read...Advent means "coming" and the Advent season typically represents a time of anticipation and looking forward for the Christ to come...we plan to remember at this time the events leading u to the birth of Jesus and celebrate the fact that Jesus has come!  I feel so blessed this Thanksgiving for so much and I feel such a peace about what is to come this holiday season...I leave you with tons of pictures and  Psalm 145...it is a good one for Thanksgiving!  We read it on Thursday along with our If you sailed on the Mayflower in 1620 book....Happy Thanksgiving!





















No comments:

Post a Comment