My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, November 5, 2010

RANT!

Its so bizarre sometimes how things happen and boy do I have a story....my hubby knows, my parents know, and even my brother knows but I basically need to rant and it might not be pretty....I'm a rule follower and well sometimes, especially with the government...it don't get ya very far! 

On my little homeschool loop, a lady whom I don't know personally wrote an email about how the DMV was low on funds and to pay for things and get money they were going years back to files and pulling people out of the blue to revoke or suspend licenses over a point or two on their DLs...something had happen to her friend and her son...basically I thought it was a hoax but she attatched the DMV website and just said, "Go check your DL."  So I was sitting at the computer and decided on a whim...what the heck.  I went to the website and I'm familiar with the DMV website because we usually pay our Tag registration through it so I knew the website was on the up and up.  I typed in my DL# and to my surprise, it said suspended!  Not for points on my license but for "effective insurance cancellation."  John was about to leave for work and I was so stunned, I couldn't even speak and well I'm going to be really sarcastic about the government in this post so you might not want to read on....

Funny thing or not so funny is that on my birthdate (sept) when we tried to pay the yearly tag registration on the little car (which happens to be in my name)...it wouldn't let us do it online because we had just switched insurances.  Our state farm guy had retired and we decided to switch companies...there was NO LAPSE in coverage whatsoever!  So way back in September, John and I went to the tag office and paid the registration, showed proof of insurance for BOTH of our vehicles.  The man behind the glass typed on his computer, made copies, and gave us our little sticker for the car tag.  We went happily along our way.  Then today when I on a whim checked, they have apparently suspended my license for not having proof of insurance on the very vehicle they made us go to the tag office to renew to show proof of insurance.  The van which was renewed way back in August and that we also showed proof of insurance on at the same time....is all up to date and fine in the system as far as I can tell online and so is John's license.  Now how my DL and car insurance go together, I don't know...and how they can suspend someone's license and not tell them...I don't know...oh, and they want $150 for reinstatement....

So now instead of schooling my child on Monday, I will be at the DMV office trying to get all this worked out...

oh and John told me that if I get stopped by a cop over the weekend for whatever reason and they see that my license is suspeneded...they can arrest me...NICE!  Thanks!

I have actually been very nice in this post...in my humble opinion...it could have been a lot worse because I was sure thinking a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment