My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Face Time!

I have a list for everything...seriously, I do.  I even have a list of people I/we need/want to have face time with....let me explain myself.  In this day of technology, I could easily go weeks and maybe even months without speaking to any of my close friends, acquaintances or family...I do not like talking on the phone and I LIKE the impersonal...I have no idea why...I feel very comfortable emailing and texting and blogging and facebooking...I like that it doesn't interfere with another person's time and that interruptions aren't a problem...such a crying kids in the background BUT here is the problem...I don't really think that God created us to be impersonal...I believe he created us to invest in each other's lives, care about others, and bond with fellow believers while nurturing and ministering to unbelievers...I believe God created us to have/desire/need FACE time!  So in my effort to keep myself on track, I created a list of people/families that we should/need/want to keep up with, have for dinner, do a field trip with, go visit etc.  I have been very diligent this summer to "mark" people of this list...and if that sounds terrible then so be it but it is for the good, I promise...it helps me not forget to actually have personal, interactive, quality FACE time.  It has helped us get to know people better at church, invite others for dinner and minister to them by just serving them a meal, ask questions, make people feel important and needed.  It is a good thing and we have enjoyed our get togethers...we have been all over town, enjoyed good food and built better relationships with new and old friends!  Last night we had some "old" friends over...We sometimes go months without really talking except to check in so it was nice to spend 4 hours together...it was relaxed, everyone just stood around or sat around in the kitchen eating in courses, serving one another, talking and laughing! I have a new cookbook that I borrowed from a friend and I tried out some really yummy recipes...homemade ranch dressing for wedge salad, sweet potato fries, mac n cheese, and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno poppers.  John made a pork tenderloin and grilled corn.  It was all fantastic!  We had the best time!  These friends don't have kids so ours just sit around with us and get to be in the center of all the adults! My friend's grandmother is very very sick and it was good medicine for her to laugh :) Food pictures to follow!  P.S.  Don't feel bad if you are on the Face Time list...it means I love you or want to love you more :)  I promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment