My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, August 5, 2011

Quilt Show and Snowballs!















First, let me say how wonderful it is to have my mom around to do things with instead of getting ready for school to start...instead she is helping me get ready for our home school to start!  She is available and ready to help and it is such a blessing! The kids are having fun having Nee Naw around more!  Today, after my mom got word that her cousin had a hand-made quilt in the annual quilt show at City Hall, she invited us to go with her.  We had a fabulous time!  I think I enjoy things like this now that we home school...I'm not sure why, I think it is just a different mindset...like anything and everything can be a learning experience!  So John Daniel was his normal detailed self and took the brochure and checked each one of with a pen when we looked at it.  Emily found the beautiful ones and the most ornate which matches her personality and well Molly just walked around...she did run to the huge pink one when she saw it and said, "PINK!"  After the Quilt Exhibit we had lunch at Chick-fil-a.  Then mom offered to buy the kids a few school clothes so we went to Old Navy and Justice where we found some cute and practical clothes for the kids to wear to "school" and "co-op".  After that we drove to get a much needed treat at the new Mardi Gras Snowballs store where the kids got huge authentic New Orleans Snowballs.  They were really sweet and not much my thing but the kids had a blast and with the heat index today....it was great!  We had a very nice day and I'm pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment