My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, October 5, 2009

5 years old!












































































































































































So I wrote about birthday parties already and well we had a great one on Saturday. I was busy the whole time, it was chaotic, but John Daniel had a blast. Again, I struggle with just hanging with the family and partying for my kids birthdays...I know our families would probably enjoy it more but it is so cute to see J.D.'s little friends enjoy the time and I love hearing what they have to say. As I said in a previous post, we did a "camping" party. We had 9 of John Daniel's little friends over. We set up tents at "Nee Naw and Pop Pop's Campground". My parents' backyard is perfect for this. We had hay bailes and a campfire. They played on my Dad's treehouse that he built for the kids and rode the zip line all the way across the back of the yard. The Zip line was a HUGE favorite! We only had one casuality and he turned out to be just fine. I had them decorate little pumpkins. We ate hotdogs. We roasted marshmallows and made smores. We had a silly string war. We ate cake and ice cream. I gave them each a flashlight to take home and towards the end of the party they had to find little plastic bugs and lizards that Emily hid in the yard with the flashlight. They loved chasing each other around the yard in the dark with their flashlights and glow bracelets . It was a fun time! At the end of the party John Daniel said "I am five" and I said "no actually your birthday isn't until Wednesday" and he said "you mean I'm still four??!?!?!?!" He was a little bummed about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment