My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, October 2, 2009

Spirituality

John Daniel has been asking lots of questions about God, Heaven, Jesus, what Heaven looks like, when do we go to Heaven, How we will Die, etc. I love his spiritual awareness. He gets to go to Big Church now and then go to Children's Church for a message on Sundays now and he tells me about what he learns (he has a great memory). He has memorized several Bible verses at school and we practice the ones from church. This is the greatest age to me. They soak it all up and it seems simple and uncomplicated. He has been telling me about the wise King Solomon. He argued with me about what his Bible verse from school said...he says, "Blessed are those who do not walk." I tried to tell him it was "Blessed are those who do not WANT" but he says differently. He has asked me what Heaven looks like and he told me that his big sister Emily says that the concrete is made of Gold! He told me he didn't want me to die anytime soon to go to Heaven. He asked how Jesus and God can be the same person....very hard concept for a 33 year old much less a 4 year old. I told him it is like water. Water can be ice, steam, or liquid and God is three things too. Emily was sharing with us that during her prayer time with the class at school, one of her friends prayed for her Aunt that does not know about God. John Daniel spoke up and put his hands out and with a very matter of fact voice said, "Well just TELL her about God then." Like DUH right!!! I had to smile because I love the innocence and truthfulness to that....why don't we all just tell the lost about GOD...DUH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment