My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Costumes

We don't do Halloween up like some people. I put up a few decorations here and there and we go trick or treating either at a friend's house or at the Grandparents' but it isn't a huge deal. I, however spent way to much money last year on costumes. I went to that silly Halloween store and bought $35 costumes that the kids wore one time. I vowed to not do that again. This year, I started early talking to the kids about what they wanted to be. John Daniel is in to Star Wars now and he decided on Darth Vader (mostly because he liked the mask). I found a cute Darth Vader costume at Walmart for $10 and he got a cool light saber for his birthday. Emily wanted to be a bride. She already had a long white dress so we went to JoAnn fabrics and bought $2 tulle, some fake flowers for $2, and a headband for $4. I made the veil and it is lovely! Gotta love a glue gun!!! She is ecstatic about it so that is awesome! I think I have posted before that I really wanted Molly to be a bumble bee but I felt so stupid for wanting to spend $40 on an infant costume for her from Gymboree so I waited. The other day I stumbled across the perfect costume on the clearance rack in Target (I am in there like twice a week so I always look). It is a pink Tu Tu ballerina bathing suit. She is going to be a ballerina. I got it for $8. She is going to wear white tights which I already had and a big pink bow which I already had. This years costumes are stress free, easy, and cost efficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment