My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

our Anniversary

Happy 10 year Anniversary to us! Cannot believe it has been 10 years! Fun fact: I have actually known John since 6th grade! I am so behind on my blog posts but I cannot go on until I write about our Wedding day. I have written about our engagement in a previous post so I will leave that sappy story out of this post. Our wedding day on October 23, 1999 was one of the most beautiful days in Tallahassee. I love the Fall season and was determined to get married in October! Our rehearsal dinner was a very intimate event between family and friends and the next day we were up very early because the wedding was at noon! My maid of honor went with me to get my hair done. I had 7 bridesmaids and John had 7 groomsmen. We were married in the church where we practically grew up with all of our friends. The music was lovely. My favorite singers and friends sang several beautiful songs about God being present and Mr. Robin sang a song about being a Man of honor. We had a string quartet, communion, two pastors doing the ceremony, unity candles, my dad gave me away, tears, organ music, the Lord's prayer, flower girls, ring bearer, and everything I have every wanted. I know every bride thinks their wedding is perfect, and I really did! The love of God and love that John and I share was dancing in the room! On our very first date, I knew I wanted to marry John and truly, I feel more love for him now! I love our life together and I am so thankful that somehow we made it through our dating relationship without hurting each other and that we kept one another pure. I truly believe that because that is the way God planned for it to be between a man and woman, that John and I have shared blessings because of keeping that command...so onto another subject...

October 23, 1999 was beautiful, sunny, cool, and breezy. After our ceremony, we went to the reception at Water Oak plantation. I knew as soon as John and I got engaged that I wanted my reception at Water Oak. The Johnson's were like another family to me and they were so kind to let us invade their house and property. We had 300 or so guests. The reception was outside. My dad had a big white tent set up and tables and chairs all over the back property. One of my favorite things....we had a jazz band preform...the drummer is a fairly famous jazz player and travels all over and was actually on his way to Louisiana after my wedding...funny thing is that now his son is in my mom's class at Holy Comforter. I was really against having a DJ for some reason and wanted something really classy to go along with the surroundings so the Jazz Band was perfect.

The food was awesome...shrimp dip was a favorite! We had heavy appetizers and punch...no alcohol. My cake was one I had chosen out of a magazine and it was perfect. We had a fabulous time with all of our guests!

John chose the most perfect place for our first night. He drove the Cadillac to Melhana plantation (where we had eaten dinner the night he proposed) and we stayed in a cottage before leaving for our honeymoon. We ordered sweet tea from room service and ate our little basket of leftover food from the reception. We even watched a little football (it was the first Bowden vs Bowden game). It was perfect and wonderful and I will spare you the details! We left for Bryson City, NC the next day. We went and stayed at a little Inn called Freymont Inn for a week. We enjoyed the mountains and being together for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. I really appreciate my parents and my in-laws for making our day special.

My parents made it perfect for me and I found out that my father is quite the wedding planner. He even thought about little details such as having white trashcans at the reception. My mom dealt with me when I had my total meltdown about bridesmaid dresses (crying and rolling around on her floor)! We still have people to this day talk about what a lovely day it was!

So now ten years later, three kids in tow, our love is stronger and has sustained much! Yeah for ten years...I love you John! Once I can scan a picture to post I will, but I am too tired tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment