My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, October 15, 2009

This and That Thursday

This and That:


Emily decided she wanted to play soccer. This actually surprised me but I am glad she wants to do something out of her comfort zone. CCS does a great thing in that they offer sports for the elementary kids and they practice once a week after school for about 1 1/2 months and then have one game..it is $40 and then they are done. LOVE THAT!


Molly is now eating some green veggies. I made green beans with my food processor and she loves them. I thought it might be a mess and I was afraid that the outer husk might be to thick to puree but it did just fine! We tried avocado again except earlier in the day in case it gave her gas and she seems fine with it now. She likes it mixed with her bananas in the morning for breakfast. Now we are up to doing butternut squash, green beans, banana, sweet potato, and avocado and I haven't bought a single jar of baby food yet! Can you tell I'm proud of myself. Thanks to my friends Kim and Ann for encouraging me and giving me ideas. Baking the butternut squash after you just slice it open and get the seeds out is way easier than peeling, dicing, and steaming! We are going to try to go all natural while we are camping too!


Molly is now crawling super good and trying to pull up on everything ....she crawls to wall and tries to just pull herself up on the flat wall...crazy girl! I have found her a couple of time (when she is suppose to be sleeping) up on her knees or feet in her crib crying because she can't get up or down. She is blowing bubbles now and thinks it is great fun!


The ladies at church love Molly. I really never have to hold her at church. They all fight over her and talk about what a happy baby she is! I am bragging of course but that is my prerogative...its my blog and I can brag if I want to!!! My Babywise book says that when people say that you have a happy baby...it is because they are scheduled and get good sleep...who knows!!!! She is a very happy baby and I love her to pieces! John might should have wished for a colicky, gassy, bad sleeper if he didn't want me to want more...b/c she is a delight!


The vacant church parking lot on a Saturday is a great place to ride bikes! This is my new favorite place to take the kids...I walk with Molly, they ride wherever they want..up and down hills...all around and I don't have to stress about cars!!!


Emily is really into teaching, writing poems, memorizing scripture, instructing John Daniel in reading and writing, making books, etc. right now. She is very creative and loves to talk!


We've been prepping for long hikes and bike rides in the mountains. Daddy has us doing pregame warm-ups. The kids and I have been taking 3 mile walks/runs/bike rides/scooter rides about everyday as preparation!

Molly really wants to play with the Lena the Dog's toys!

Lena really wants to play with Molly the baby's toys!

John was asked to be a adjunct professor at TCC in the EMS department for the Spring....he would be teaching just one class a week....not sure what he will decide.

John Daniel will start soccer or karate soon but he can't decide which one he wants to do.

Waiting at Wildwood Ballet for an hour is horrible without having my girlfriend, Ann, to gab to!
My wonderful husband knows this and has volunteered to go and sit and wait on Emily most Mondays!

The pictures that I just had taken at A Moment Captured of Molly and her Daddy were awesome! They looked so sweet together! John gets better looking every year :)

I really want to get scrapbooking again or at least do it digitally...I just got to figure out how to get motivated, have space to do it, and get organized! I have such amazing pictures of my family and our doings and I want to showcase them!

We hope to finish all the "little things" around this house eventually but I love my house and love the space, love the neighborhood, and love the renovations that John has done!

1 comment: