My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, April 14, 2011

758 miles....

We left the house at 4:15 am this morning...we arrived in Richmond, VA at approximately 5:15 pm.  That is 13 hours of driving and 758 miles on the road.  This is the longest road trip we have taken as a family!  The kids did great!  NOT ONE time did they ask, "Are we there yet?"  I actually think the kids did better than I did...and John would probably agree!  I have found my calling really....John let me drive about half of those miles and I had a better attitude when driving...it gave me purpose and let me have a forward mission!  Otherwise my patience runs thin from all the turning around, getting stuff for the kids, answering questions, handing out food, etc.  I don't do well turning around a million times!  Molly had to be entertained the whole time...thank goodness she likes Baby Einstein movies!  She also talked on her play phone, took a nap, and fed her baby!  The big kids did art work, read, watched movies, played connect four, ate and drank, played cars, and played with whoopie cushions....that was the last little surprise!  John is sooooooo patient in talking to them, fixing their movies, turning up the sound, answering questions, etc.  He also read over itineraries and planned our days out a little.  We are a good team and we made it without any major drama!  Praise God!  The traffic was fine and our hotel for the night is just perfect!  As I write this, we are relaxing in bed after dinner at the local grill!  We only have about a 2 hour drive tomorrow...Yay for good long day!



2 comments:

  1. Hooray!! Have a great time!! I am excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uggggh...what a long day in the car. I'm very impressed...my kids ask how much longer when we drive across town sometimes ;) KB

    ReplyDelete