My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 10.....last day, 11 hours of driving, 1st chick-fil-a in 10 days, It's Easter tomorrow!

Well we left our dumpy hotel at 8:30 on the dot...none of us wanted to stay there long that is for sure!  We got on the road, ate breakfast in the van and started our trek!  The kids loved when we passed from state to state..they knew we had to go through VA, NC, SC, GA, and then FL...Again, I'm not as patient as John and he is so much better at entertaining miss Molly.  We took turns driving...Emily did better with the motion sickness this day...Dramamine is our friend...first time my kids have swallowed pills I think!  We knew we entered the south when we found a Chick-fil-a and sweet tea for lunch!  Our first Chick-fil-a in 10 days..that is surely a record!  We really pushed it once we hit GA  and we got home at 7 pm or right there after!  Praise God for safe travels!  I thought, "Oh my it is Easter tomorrow and I have NO Easter basket goodies"...off to Target I went at 9 pm...

What a wonderful trip of learning, experiencing, and touring we had!  It is certainly one of our best vacations!  I would recommend everyone taking a trip to DC and John and I can tell you how to do it with a little less money!  My favorite part was spending uninterrupted time with the kids and John for 10 whole days...now that we are back to the norm...John and I both agreed, it feels weird being so far apart at work and school and other activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment