My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Buzz About Bees.....

My amazing 9 year old entered the homeschool science fair exhibit category...

Her project was all about bees....we talked about some different topics and she remembered that we knew a retired beekeeper and that we have all started eating a lot more hone...so she settled on a project about bees!

Her best friends did a project on birds...

The projects were all displayed, judged, and rated!  We didn't know that the judges would spend so much time asking questions so Emily was nervous but did very well!  She did the project on her own except for my help in teaching her how to research a topic.  She googled bees and chose the information she wanted to write about, chose the pictures to print and how to display it.  I helped by buying letters and helping her organize her thoughts.  She WROTE everything that as on the board which was a lo of writng and funny enough...her worked paid off.  The judges all commented on her writing and the detail and length of it.  It made it her own in her mind I think...in the end, I think she was really glad she did it.  She realized her hours of work paid off. 

And she won first place....and I have to tell you, we needed that that week...it had been a really hard week for the both of us in school and it was a much needed pat on the back when it seemed I wasn't doing anything right..

They all have different strenghts and abilities and I'm seeing that so clearly these days...I love knowing my daughter's ways.  I know her more intimately than ever and it is such a blessing!  Emily's best friend is very fluent in her speaking ability and in my opinion, one of her greatest strengths...it is good for Emily to see this and be encouraged by her friend!

I was one proud mom!  And we learned so much about bees! 

No comments:

Post a Comment