My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, May 15, 2009

Daddys and Daughters







Tonight was the annual Father/Daughter dance at our church. Emily, of course, was very excited. John took off of work to take her. Emily is most definitely a daddy's girl. She looks like him and wants to be with him and loves on him all the time. I have to say that my husband is the most wonderful father in the entire world. He has patience, he very seldom yells but is strict in the same notion, he is helpful, loving, kind, and involved. I tell everyone I meet that no matter what he does to make me mad sometimes, it is never over whether he is a good dad or here for his kids. He is excellent. This really shows in his relationship with the kids. They love him. He is tender yet firm! It is a very nice balance! Not sure how he "learned"this...I think it was just being around some great women growing up...his Mom and Grandmothers. Anyways, they left the house all dolled up and full of excitement. Emily and I watch Dancing with the Stars and she is always practicing her moves, wanting her and her daddy to do some of the dances...John is wonderful in the fact that he doesn't care what others think and is able to get on her level and "play dance" with her. John Daniel, Molly, and I went to spy after while. The gals at our church always do a spectacular job. They don't miss a detail. They had white lights, fancy food, punch, a DJ, a dance floor and a picture taking corner. When I got there, Emily came running up and said..."Daddy and I have a new move!" She and him did an amazing stunt that can only be seen by the pros on Dancing with the Stars...it was complete with a lift and then Emily slid under his legs and back up to her feet. Very Cute!!!! All the Dads are so great and get a very good work out I must say!!! John was sweating like a mule! The night ended with a sweet slow song and John even grabbed Molly for a twirl around the floor once or twice. Guess he will be going to Daddy Daughter Dances for quite some time seeing as though his daughters are seven years apart!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful night! Sorry we missed it this year . . .

    ReplyDelete