My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little teacher


We cleaned the kid's room tonight and we did it really good. It looks great. I got on the phone with my mom and I could here the big kids playing school. Emily was the teacher of course. J.D. was the student. I was on the phone with my mom for like 45 minutes so they had played for awhile. When I was off the phone they were very excited to show me something. Emily says "J.D. can read!" She had been working with him on several subjects..art (they made a lion out of construction paper and said it was one of God's creations)...Bible lesson (Emily was reading to him out of her children's Bible with pictures)....and reading. John Daniel sat down on the couch and got in reading position immediately. This is the position that Emily's teacher has taught them to be in when they are reading. It includes sitting straight and having both hands on the book ready to turn the page. He read out of one of Emily's first readers that she learned on last year in Kindergarten. It was "Sam" "Matt" "Sam and Matt" "Sam sat on Matt"...that kind of book. He "read" it perfectly as his little teacher sat beside him SOOOO very proud. I am sure he memorized the pages that went with the pictures but he even got words like and and on. They were both so proud. As I took them to their room to tuck them in they showed me their school room. John Daniel's "desk" was his tool bench b/c it has drawers. Emily had even made him an art folder to put all his artwork in like I made her. How very cute, very imaginative, and very smart my children are!!!!! It is so much better than them bickering like they do sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment