My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

God's creation

I shared tears in the hospital with my 87 year old grandfather as we looked at my new baby together. We both agreed that we didn't understand how anyone could deny that there is a God when you look at a new baby. It is certainly divine and certainly a beautiful and intricate creation of God. I used the scripture Psalm 139: 13-14 on Molly's birth announcement because I was so struck at this point in my life with how God does know our inmost being and in looking at all my children it is perfectly obvious to me that he knit them together! For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. I see this more now than ever...maybe because I have been sitting still more lately. Molly has a cute little freckle in her right groin, the creases in her hands and knuckles are perfect, she has 10 perfect toes, and the lobe on her right ear has a little point to it and it does not on her left ear. Emily has a birth mark on the left thigh. She has the cutest freckles on her nose and cheeks, her ears are petite, she has two crowns on her head that make it a little more difficult to cut her hair, she has athletic looking legs and a cute nose that is perfect on her face. John Daniel has the cutest chubbiest cheeks ever, his hair is coarse and sticks up at the crown, he has perfectly placed freckles on his body, he has knobby knees like me, his body is solid and strong and he has a nose like the Thorntons. All of these things are so individual and so fantastic. There is no doubt in my mind that God made each of my children perfect, amazing, and formed them for His Glory! Lord, I pray that you help me teach them this!

1 comment: