My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The weekend!











This last weekend was very busy! Emily had her piano recital on Friday, Ballet recital on Saturday and we celebrated Mother's Day with the whole Gay/Thornton family on Sunday at our house. Emily performed wonderfully at both recitals! She was in tap this year so it was fun to see her do her tap dance. Videos of all performances (including John Daniel's spring play) are posted under "family videos" on the blog. It was very special to have Grandma Gay at the ballet recital. She has never seen Emily dance in person because the last 5 years she has stayed close to home taking care of Granddaddy Gay. I think she truly enjoyed being there and being involved. She also came to our home on Mother's Day. It was fun to have almost all the great grandparents and grandparents and Aunts and Uncles together. One of the coolest things was Emily and Nanny (John's Mom) doing a duet on the piano. John's mom is an excellent pianist and her and Emily sat down and played together! Emily was really surprised at how well her Nanny played and sight read the music. I wish I had gotten it on video! That was really special. My grandfather, who has been in the hospital recently, was in great shape and said he felt great. He went on and on about my food which was great for the ego! John and I love to entertain and it was really special to have our families together! For Mother's Day, I got breakfast made for me and lots of gifts from my kiddos that they did at school. The one that we all got a chuckle from was John Daniels list of things about his Mother! It was a list that him and his teacher made that asked questions and then he gave the answer like "my mother looks beautiful when"....and then he said/wrote "when she wears pretty clothes". One of the statements was "my mother likes to"....and John Daniel said/wrote "lay down".....oh from the mouth of babes......his teachers probably think I take 3 hour naps everyday!!!!! John loved it of course b/c my family is known for nap taking! And I do love to lay down! Is this all my son thinks I like to do I wonder?????

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love the part about John Daniel's little letter about his mommmy!

    ReplyDelete