My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Family traditions

Now I bet you thought I was going to write about big family traditions that have been observed for years but I am not. I am going to write about little family traditions that John, Me and the kids enjoy that are simple but memorable.

1. COFFEE--we are addicted to coffee..me because of the baby and I need caffeine at this point and John b/c of weird sleep and working nights. We make it in the morning and at night (decaf) and enjoy it with breakfast or dessert or have it as our dessert. We both just take cream please.

2. John started making these tomato bagel melts. Now on John's days off he makes me and him one. It is made with a whole wheat bagel, light butter, and toasted. Then add light cream cheese, sliced tomato, and put back in the toaster with some Monterrey jack cheese or mozzarella on it to melt. YUMO!!!! We eat this quite often.

3. Emily and I watch Dancing with the stars pretty religiously....not sure if sometimes it is very appropriate for my 7 year old daughter's eyes but I am so addicted to it. John even tunes in sometimes. I love dancing and I have always wanted to be a dancer so it is so much fun to watch to me.

4. Emily and I jump in the shower together a lot and so will John and John Daniel. Makes bath time quick and less painful!

5. Grilling out!!! We love to grill or should I say John loves to grill and I love to eat what he grills. He is awesome at it. We have both a propane grill and a charcoal grill and he uses both all the time. He has grilled everything possible and we love to try new things.

6. Watching Headline News with Robin Meade.....John and I do not get the newspaper nor do we listen to nightly news except on occasion but we like channel 38 national news in the am with our cup of coffee.

7. Watching the food network...LOVE IT. At one point we were totally addicted to it and it is getting that way again. We like IRON Chef, Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, Giada, Paula Dean, and Alton Brown.

8. The Internet....This is mostly me but everyday I check email, my blog and look at my friend's blogs, look at facebook, and check our online banking. I go to those four sites, check them out, and I'm done with the Internet for the most part.

9. Sitting in the garage...now this sounds so white trash to me but we do it. The kids go out to play in the front yard or ride scooters and John and I crack open a diet coke and sit in our beach chairs in the garage or right outside the garage and watch them and talk.

10. LOST on Wednesday nights. This is our favorite show on TV and we rush to get the kids to bed to watch it!

11. Our walks at night...me and the kids take a walk when John goes to work. It is a good time to chill with the kids and they love to run around or ride scooters.


That is probably our top eleven right now of things we do on a regular basis. They change for seasons etc. Just noticed a lot of them have to do with TV or Eating....HMMMM??

2 comments:

  1. Love your list! I am quite the routine kind of person too. I love having those little things everyday to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little family traditions are the best. Makes a family a family ;)

    ReplyDelete