My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


Not much to report because John worked all weekend. I was a little bummed, especially since it was his six days on and Monday, which was the holiday, was the end of a very long six days!!!! I tried to act really pitiful and my Mom and Dad finally felt sorry for me and decided to host a hot dog cookout with just us, my brother, and Granny and Granddad Thornton. It was something to look forward to! I decked all the kids out in their red, white, and blue and we made a nutter butter banana pudding trifle together to take over to Nee Naw and Pop Pop's house. We ate and talked and got to spend some time with Daddy before he went back to work! My very bestest friend, Amanda, came over to the house at about 10:30 that night and stayed with the three sleeping kids and I went and surprised John at EMS Headquarters. My plan was to take him coffee (he had already bought himself some) and some sweets (we had already eaten sweets that night) but that didn't quite work out. He had mentioned several nights before that he wished I could come visit him like the "ole days" when we first got married. So I just showed up and surprised him and we sat there all by ourselves without any kid interruptions and talked for about an hour and a half and then I went home. I even took a shower and put make up on before I went to see him! It almost felt like a date :) And the greatest thing is that all three kids slept the entire time for Amanda and she said she caught up on her TLC and MTV news! Thanks Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment