My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bathing


Bathing at the campsite is always a very complicated situation! Especially now that we have another baby. Note: We took Emily camping for the first time when she was 4 months old, John Daniel, when he was 5 months, and now Molly at five months. The first time we took Emily, we were with my parents in their big nice camper so that almost doesn't count. The next time we took Emily, she was 8 months old and I will never forget trying to bathe her in the campground bathroom in the blue baby tub! I would take her in there and bathe her with it on the bench in the shower stall and then call for John who was waiting outside to get her. He would go back and dress her and I would get my own shower. When we took John Daniel TENT camping when he was a baby..(had to be the worst camping trip ever!) it was so darn cold. We literally froze. I nursed him all night long to keep him warm up against me. We were so worried that the kids were cold. We woke up at 5 am and got in the car and drove to a Denny's in nearby Gainesville to just get warm. We were all in our PJs I might add! Then, when we got back to the campsite, I took Emily to the showers and she and I just stood in the warm water to get clean and warm!!! We ended up making the most of it and went on a wonderful canoe trip that day before coming home...Note: the Brewers were with us that trip but left in the middle of the night because of the cold...we ended up packing up their stuff for them and bringing it home. Mackenzie was getting sick and started running a fever...crazy times!


Back to this camping trip: This time, I found it easier for Emily and I to go to the bathroom and bathe Molly in the sink. The bathrooms were so clean at Grayton State Park...probably the cleanest I have ever seen so that was a big plus. We put a towel down, sat Molly on the side of the sink and washed her off..worked beautifully! In the meantime, usually, John and John Daniel were showering in the boy's bathroom and would then take Molly back to the camper to get her dressed while Emily and I would shower. Thankfully, the bathrooms were a stone's throw from our campsite. It worked well and showers were a must due to bug spray, sunscreen, sand, sweat, and dirt! John and I are a good team and most of the time it works very well. Shower shoes and a shower bag with the essentials are a must camping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment