My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, September 28, 2009

this and that

Here are some snipits of our recent days:

Molly and her Daddy had a photo shoot yesterday with Ms. Cindy at A Moment Captured. Molly was a cutie (and Daddy too!) but didn't do a whole lot of smiling. She studies everything in the studio...she is very serious! She peed on Ms. Cindy's floor while we were getting naked shots!


John let the kids watch one of the Star Wars movies on TV and John Daniel has been turned onto Star Wars now. He decided he wanted to be Darth Vader for Halloween. He wants his Daddy to be "Luke STAR-Walker" and Emily and John Daniel call Yoda "Yogurt."


I really want Molly to be a bumble bee for Halloween but the costume that I just fell in love with is at Gymboree and it is WAY more than what I should spend on a Halloween costume....I have some Gymbucks that I can spend on October 1st but her size will most likely be gone...UGH!


Molly loves bananas and cereal. Tried Avacado again and AGAIN she stayed up all night fussy. Think we will hold off on that for now. Tomorrow is SWEET POTATOES!

Emily is doing great in school and is writing up a storm. She has started writing her fiction story for the book that they will publish soon. It is about some silly farm animals. Sounds really cute!

John Daniel brought home the "A" bag yesterday that he had to fill with things that start with A. He decided to take an apron, an airplane, an ambulance, and some acorns. Great job J.D.!

I love the FALL! It puts me in a better mood and makes me want to enjoy all things FALL! I got married in October because it is my favorite month. I'm so glad I have a child with an October birthday and I love traveling in October! We have a great October planned starting off with a fun "camping" birthday party at "Nee Naw and Pop Pop's Campground" complete with roasting marshmallows and flashlight tag. We have a very exciting camping trip planned for October around our 10th Anniversary! I can't wait! I love all the fall school activities, the smell of cut grass, crisp leaves, and grilling on the grill! So excited! Now if our Seminoles would straighten up!!!!!

Emily, J.D. and I went for a bike ride today (well I ran/walk while they rode). J.D. is doing awesome. He said to me today, "Mommy, I need to work on starting off on my bike and going down tall hills!" He is so dang cute!

Emily is very much a mother hen and takes care of him and watches out for cars while we are riding. She is a great encourager to him! When he was learning she would cheer, "go J.D.!!!"

John and J.D. have been spending lots of boy time together. They have gone out on a friend's boat, gone to an FSU game together and have just chilled together. J.D. loves his Daddy! And I really think John likes having a little buddy around all the time that he can hang with. J.D. is so well behaved and so smart that he really is fun to be around!

Emily and I have a fun activity on Friday night. We will be LOCKED-IN at the church with 40 1st-5th graders for our annual GA lock-in all night! I have been talked in to doing a dance in front of the girls to Hannah Montana's Hoedown Throwdown. The 8 leaders for the GAs are doing this dance in costumes, we have learned all the steps to this VERY FAST song. I love it though...kind of fulfills my dream of being a dancer! I will be wearing an old-fashioned Nurse Costume and high heels! It is hard to explain but this does all fit into our Bible Lesson.... Believe it or not! We will have a mission project that all the girls are so excited about, devotion with journaling and prayer time, games, and lots of fun all focusing on Keeping our Eyes on Jesus as it says in Hebrews 12: 1-2. I have to say these moms at our church will do anything to teach the kids about a relationship with Christ. I have never met a group of leaders that work as hard as these parents do at putting it all on the table and doing it up big for our kids than the parents at BFBC! Every detail is planned in making it all come back to Jesus but making it fun and energetic. Hence.....learning a dance that will totally embarrass us in front of our children! Hopefully pictures will follow at some point.

John and I locked Molly in the van yesterday with it running. Somehow, when I got out to get J.D. at school I pushed the lock button. John was standing beside the car talking to his sister. Thank God the car was running. John rushed home with his sister and by the Grace of God found an open window in our house to get in and get the second set of car keys. Molly was crying but not screaming and thank God once again the AC was running!

No comments:

Post a Comment