My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Camping at it's best!
















We went camping (Molly's first camping trip) for Labor day. Great family fun. I have to say I was a little hesitant and almost asked John if we could cancel but he was pumped. I am so glad we went ....you just have to get over the nuisance of all the packing and time it takes and work it takes and sometimes do things..it always ends up being lots of fun and filled with great memories. John and I talk about filling the kids' memory banks with good times and we sure did this last weekend. They did not want to leave! John Daniel begged to stay longer! I am going to break up my posts on the camping trip because there is so much to tell and too many pictures to post all at once! I really use this blog as my journal and scrapbook since I am so behind on that. It most likely will be boring for my readers but it helps me and makes me feel better by writing down what we do so I can remember it and maybe my kids can look at it someday and remember that we did fun things with them!

So we left on Friday after school let out and returned on Monday. The weather was awesome except for the very last night when it rained. We went to Grayton beach which is right in the middle of Destin and Seaside. We took our 1989 pop up camper handed down to us from my parents which was handed down to them by my uncle Raymond. I camped in this camper as a child. My wonderful husband, being the neat and clean guy that he is, washed it and sanitized it and bug sprayed it several years ago when pulling it out from behind my parents' shed and it has stayed fresh and clean and in very good shape ever since. We really never find any bugs in it and it doesn't mildew. It really has no rotten spots from rain etc. It has a few holes in the fiberglass on the outside that he plans to fix. For an old camper, it is in great shape. The AC will literally freeze you out! We had to have blankets in there this past weekend. We are always sure to sweep it out and wipe everything down when we close it up and it stays nice and fresh.

John recently loaned it two our friends, Jeff and Harriet and to a guy at work. Both asked to buy it after using it. Jeff even fixed a piece of the particle board under the sink that had become warped. Now that looks great. We wouldn't sell it so Jeff and Harriet went and bought their own pop up! The other guy that John loaned it to was complaining to John about how they could never go on vacation because they were trying to get out of debt. John told them that camping was a cheap way to vacation because you can pretty much go anywhere and find a state park. They used our camper for a weekend trip and are now looking to buy their own. I grew up camping...some of my fondest memories are of us camping and I hope our children will grow up remembering our trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment