My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hospital Stay

Tomorrow we break out of this joint!  I am so happy to be going home with my happy, sweet, healthy baby girl!  I guess I am happy to have had some rest and relaxation in the hospital but I have to admit I have been a bit bored.  Thank goodness for the Internet, facebook, my blog, TV, and lots and lots of visitors.  Molly has done great the last two days and we have got ourselves in a little routine.  She is eating about every 2-3 hours and sleeps pretty much in between feedings.  She hasn't been over fussy and seems to like being held and is easy to comfort.  She has quite the set of lungs.  When she isn't happy, she is very loud and lets out some funny loud squeals.  Her big brother and big sister are amazed and so happy with her so far.  They want to hold her and talk to her.  Today she was awake when they came to visit and she looked at them and followed them as they moved.  She had the hiccups and they thought it was so funny!  They were giggling so hard.  Their grandmother and aunt took them to Target earlier in the day and they both picked out a special toy to buy Molly with their own money.  It was neat to see their picks and special b/c they were actually buying for her since they have now met her and not some "baby" in mommy's tummy.  Molly had lost some weight as most babies do in the hospital but gained 3 oz back today.  She now weighs 6lbs and 8 oz.  The pediatrician was pleased and said she looks perfect.  I am doing great.  I feel really good.  If I lie in the bed too long I get a little stiff but I have made it a point to get up and walk.  Everyone seems pretty impressed with me and have told me to take it easy.  I think I just feel so much better with the baby out of me than I do with it inside me.  The incision and abd pain that I am having seems better to me than the nausea and vomiting that I have during pregnancy.  I got so stir crazy today in the hospital room that I asked the nurse if I could go down to the first floor and go outside to the parking lot to just feel the fresh air and sunshine.  She let me but I had to leave Molly in the room with John.  It felt so nice!  John went home to sleep tonight in our bed.  He has been scrunched up on the horrible hospital couch and has been so uncomfortable.  I told him to go home and sleep good so he can be fresh for us all tomorrow.  The nurses here have been very attentive and have taken good care of us.  I feel sure we can get through the night by ourselves.  Molly is such a blessing and we can't wait to get her home and be a family of five.  Blessings are abundant and God is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment