My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Introducing Baby Molly!



Molly D'Anna Gay was born yesterday at 7:59 am by c-section at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare.  She weighed 6 lbs and 13 oz and is 19 1/4 inches long.  The c-section, which mommy was very nervous about, went very smoothly.  We got to the hospital at 5 am and spent the morning in a room while they asked mommy tons of questions and prepped me for surgery.  One of John's co-workers and friends is engaged to a labor and delivery nurse.  She volunteered to stay and do my c-section after working all night.  Beth was so sweet and it was very nice knowing someone.  I also happen to know the nurse anesthetist that did my spinal and stayed in the OR with me.  She and I graduated nursing school together.  They took me to the OR at 7:27 after we had said hello to everyone including the kids in the room.  The kids were so cute in their big brother and big sister shirts.  They were all smiles and so excited!  Once in the OR they immediately put the spinal in and I went numb.  It was a very nice warm feeling.  My heart rate was up considerable due to my nervousness so the nurse anesthetist gave me something to bring it down.  I felt better after that.  Dr. McAlpine and Dr. Franz walked in and made sure I was numb.  The did their first cut and then brought John in.  The whole c-section is a very bizarre feeling.  I did not feel any pain what so ever but felt them inside me.  It is a pressure type feeling or jiggling.  Very strange.  At one time I said to the nurse, it feels like they are in my chest and she replied well they kind of are!  The spinal also makes you feel like you can't get a deep breath, like you can't move your chest but I just kept repeating my scripture on fear in my head and taking deep breaths!  Once John got in their, I was o.k. and he was so sweet standing there at my head putting me at ease.  Then the doctors said, here she is.  She made a little cry even before they pulled her out totally.  John got that on video!  Then she cried and squealed the whole time the nurse checked her out.  She looked so tiny to me.  They took her out of the room and John went with her while they sewed me up.  By the time I ended up in recovery she was right there with me getting her bath, shots, etc.  They let me sit up and nurse while in recovery.  I still wasn't feeling a thing thanks to the spinal.  We met the rest of the family and big brother and big sister right outside by the lullaby button on the way to the regular room.  The big kids were shocked and couldn't believe there was an actual baby with me now.  John Daniel said, I didn't know you were going to have a real baby!  Not sure what he thought I was having??  Emily was in awe and seemed quietly protective already of her baby sister.  We all got settled in the new room and they eventually held Baby Molly for the first time.  They also watched while Daddy changed one of those sticky tar like diapers and they didn't like that so much!  Molly is so sweet and so cute.  She has Emily's color hair and her little petite nose and John Daniels cheeks and chin.  She seems so tiny to us.  She does have a little spunky side and will squeal really loudly if she doesn't like what you are doing.  The nurses already told me she had a temper.  We are so proud and so in love with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment