My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Little mommy







When pregnant..I thought a lot about what the big kids would think about Molly. So far they are totally mesmerized by her. They want to kiss her and hold her ALL the time, so much that her daddy has to fight them to get his daddy time with her! John Daniel always wants to know "where that baby is?" He is sweet and holds her and talks to her and then says "I'm done" when he is finished. Emily has surprised me in that she is very protective and has really great instincts when it comes to taking care of the baby. When I first let her hold her at home she was sitting on the couch and automatically started gently swaying and rocking like us moms do when holding a sleeping baby. My dad noticed it as well. It was like she just knew what to do. She has a natural way with her and seems very at ease and not awkward like some kids when first holding a baby. This has been a relief in that I thought she might have a little jealousy due to Molly being a girl and Emily having always been a Daddy's girl and all. Things have gone well so far. The big kids love all her baby toys and I think they have played with them more than their own this week. They love to start and stop the swing, "play with her" on her baby gym mat, and the baby monitors have been their biggest love. They have used them all over the house as walkie talkies! My biggest complaint is that the days go by so fast! It is the afternoon before I know it. I feel like time is just whisking away. I can't believe we have already been home with Molly for over a week. Things like taking pictures and video have to almost be planned b/c I just don't think about it as much. By the time Molly is done eating and I have changed her diaper, the other kids need food and attention. I sat crying in the chair one day after I had fed Molly and John came in. He said why are you crying. All I could say is that I didn't want any of them to grow up anymore and that time was going by so fast and that I couldn't believe that this might be our last baby! I am so trying to enjoy every moment with them but it really is hard with laundry and bills and just day to day tasks. I just want to tuck all these great memories and things they say and things they do in my head and heart so I can remember them forever. They grow up so Fast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment