My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm at it again....

Our filet mignon..got it for $2.25 a lb.

Fresh Organic veggies from Annie's buying club...


We recently bought a quarter of a cow...from a friend that raises cows.  It was their first time raising one to butcher (they usually sell them to bigger farms to plump them up) and our first time buying one..We got a ton of meat..and figured out that it came to about $2.25 lb.  We got roasts and steaks and hamburger meat and ribs, etc.  John has so enjoyed cooking it and preparing it different ways. 

We also just joined an organic buying club co-op.  The pick up spot is about 1 minute from my house on the street right up from us.  The same truck that drops off organic produce at Earthfare, then drops off at the pick up house.  The price is good and we get all kinds of fruits and veggies, not just local stuff...even mangos, strawberries, apples, etc.  Tonight John made me the most delicious meal from our meat and veggies!  It was delicious and I couldn't help but take pictures!  He is a great cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment