My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May already.....

It is May already!  Whew...can't believe it!  I'm not freaking out about not being anywhere close to finishing school because, well, we have taken so much time off and I've decided we may be year-round schoolers!  Taking 10 days (more like 2 weeks off) for vacation in the middle of April means that we have fun year round so why not have school year round.  So we will push forward until VBS...take that week off and start again but breaking for fun summer things. 

Speaking of summer, I decided today after having an awesome 4 hour pool play date with friends last weekend that we are going to relax this summer!  I'm not going to over plan us every week so that we can take advantage of playdates and spontaneous beach trips and pool time.  Last year I was so stressed about John being on night shift and having to sleep that I scheduled our summer very carefully but with us still doing school and breaking for fun things, I think we will do just fine.  The kids had a BALL at the pool with friends and I want to take advantage of those times!  We have good good good friends all around us and for that I am very thankful! 

It is amazing how much Emily can do to help around here.  She dressed and got Emily Molly ready today, made lunch for everyone, swept the bathroom, cleaned up after lunch, changed diapers, etc.  She was a huge help! 

John has worked pretty much the whole day fixing our camper.  The cables broke on it the last camping trip so Mr. P and him fixed that the other day by replacing the entire cable system.  But something is wrong with the crank so now he has decided to by pass it and bought a winch to try to pull the camper top up...it should be very interesting!  I'm impressed with his perseverance! 

I've been oncall all week at night and it has been soooooo nice not going to the clinic but still making money! 

We are leaving on our last camping trip for the season tomorrow.  It should be a nice 3 family camping trip at a campground by a lake.  We plan on swimming, canoeing, and fishing! 

I am so pumped about going to the State Home School Convention at the end of the month!  The four of us homeschooling mommies should have a blast and even get in a littl pool time!

Seems like packing for camping should be easier after this many years but it doesn't ....feel like it is always such a project and I still always forget something....I still have to go to the grocery store in the morning! 

I'm kind of sad about missing Mother's Day at church and of course being with my own Mom and John's Mom but hopefully will get to spend some good Mother's Day time with them at the end of next week...Happy Mother's Day MOM!!!!!  We love you!  And Happy Mother's Day to Nanny....We love YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment