My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The play...

Today was a crazy day...we had to all be ready in our perspective "costumes" and out the door by 9 am!  I prepared myself to be crazy and tired but it actually was a wonderful day, full of surprises and blessings....


I got Emily off to Ballet, she was totally prepared, had everything she needed and we prayed together for her recital...she was happy as a clam to be staying with her friends doing ballet all day in preparation for the show at 2:30...


Then we went to J.D.'s T-ball game...it was HOT and Molly was tired but Pop Pop showed up and helped us cheer on the big boy!  He got to play pitcher...and to our surprise, he may just have a little of his Papa in him...he made some big plays!  2nd batter....he got out on 1st base, 3rd batter knocked a line drive straight at J.D....J.D. caught it in mid air and immediately threw it to 1st where the runner on 1st had left the bag so J.D. got him out too!  That was three batters and three outs...and the crowd went wild!  Back at the bench after high fives all around John Daniel asked me, "Mom, why were there only three batters?"  I laughed and said, "It's because you got the first three batters out son!"  He smiled!  He also got a chance to slide into home plate which was fun!




I got this video totally by accident...happen to be filming it at the right time.  It starts after the batter hit the ball and the ball is in mid air...you have to watch really closely because JD catches the ball right off and it is easy to miss...but so glad I captured it.  The best part is watching him jump up and down in excitement!  P.S.  Molly was climbing all over me during this video so it is amazing that I got any of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment